Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Pot Roast Bribe

This morning I put a pot roast in the crock pot and when I got to work and was patting myself on the back for already having dinner done....I remembered, we wouldn't be home for dinner.  UGH!!   I called my Mom and told her I would trade her a pot roast dinner for her to work the last two hours of the day so we could get a head start on our vacation shopping.  My Mother will NEVER turn down someone else cooking dinner.  I moved up my pedicure appt and told the husband to take off early!


So I got off early and went for my pedicure. YAY!  I love getting my toes done!  ....but this was a terrible pedicure.  

I had a gift card for a salon in town. There was the usual trimming (and making me bleed) and filing and a sugar scrub....but that was it.   No leg massage. No hot stones. No lotion.....really no lotion at a pedicure?   She spent a lot of time on my heals and I was excited about that ...until she started sanding around my toes!!   She didn't even take my squirming as a cue that " Hey Lady!! the sandpaper isn't for my toes!!" Yikes!  This morning my heals are raw :( When she painted my toes it very well might have been the first time she had ever painted toes.  I think I will stick with my nail salon.

All complaining aside...my toes are painted and I didn't have to do it so it was a success and I am happy...plus it was a gift so that's double awesome!

We also went to Des Moines last night (about 45 minute drive) Husband needed to pre-bowl for his league he will miss while we are on vacation and I desperately needed to shop for bras and jeans.  I have been putting off shopping for so long I was down to just one bra and one pair of jean capris.  Not enough for vacation even with a laundry stop.   I went grocery shopping for daycare food while he bowled and then of to the mall we went.

I started at JC Penny bc VS just doesn't cut it for my ginormous boobs anymore :(   I found three that I liked and bought three of each.  Hey, when you have been down to ONE bra for going on six months...you stock up!

I ran to three other stores for pants and struck out.  On the way out of the mall I spotted a few at JC Penny and one pair was just the ticket.  I had to go up a size, and the sucks, but I needed them and we are going to focus on changing that when we get back from vacation!

A stop for the best Gyros ever and MIL's house and we got home just in time for bed.

TTGPR:  CD 14 and no sign of O.  Last month it was 14 but before that it had been 16-18...so just around the corner either way...hopefully.   MY BBT has been the same for the last three days ...hmmm

...I downloaded an app so I can add pics from my phone so hopefully I will be adding pictures to future posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment